Gordon and Prince Family Dentistry will make every effort to see you the same day if you are having a dental emergency. Instead of enduring pain and possible permanent damage, contact our Holland dentist office immediately. Whether you lose a filling, chip or break a tooth or need to relieve unbearable tooth pain, don’t put off emergency dentistry treatment any longer. Contact our office today at 616-399-8230.
Pain is your body’s signal that something is wrong. It also means that it may be time to seek treatment for a known dental issue you may have been postponing. Not sure if your problem is a dental emergency? Below is a list of various dental emergencies and several steps you can take to reduce discomfort.
Emergency Dental Problems & Solutions
- Tooth impact and loss – Carefully rinse your tooth without removing any attached tissue. If possible, hold the tooth in place in the socket. If that’s not possible, place the tooth in milk and contact us immediately.
- Broken Tooth – Save all pieces of the broken tooth and rinse your mouth out with warm water. Apply a cold compress to the area to decrease swelling and pain until we can examine the damage and restore your tooth.
- Dental Abscess – If you find a pimple formation or swelling on your gums, rinse your mouth with salt water and immediately contact our dental office. Abscesses can lead to more serious infections if not treated promptly.
- Lost Dental Filling or Dental Crown – For dental fillings and crowns, a temporary repair can be made using dental cement or sealing the hole with a piece of sugarless gum until our dentists can perform a permanent replacement.
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth out with warm water. Next, use dental floss to make sure there isn’t any food or other debris causing the pain. If the tooth pain persists, call our office.
- Bitten Lip or Tongue – Clean the area and apply an ice pack to reduce swelling. If the bleeding doesn’t stop, see your dentist right away.