Zoom!® Teeth Whitening Services In Holland, MI
Zoom!® is a bleaching process that lightens the dentin and enamel of the teeth. Zoom!® contains a hydrogen peroxide component (25%), which is the active ingredient in the gel. When hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth, the peroxide component breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles. It is these bubbles that eliminate yellowing and staining.
A mercury metal halide light is used to activate the gel and expedite the whitening process. This specialized light contains a unique infrared filter that works to reduce the amount of heat (and therefore sensitivity) on the surface of the teeth during the procedure. The internal structure of the teeth remains completely healthy and intact during and after the treatment.
As with any whitening system, the post-treatment results can vary according to the degree of staining and the condition of the teeth. A consultation with the dentist prior to treatment will provide information as to what kind of results Zoom!® can provide in specific instances. Zoom!® is only applied to healthy teeth and gums. If tooth decay or gum disease is an issue, these need to be controlled before the bleaching treatment is performed.
Prior to treatment, we strongly recommend having your teeth clean.
How is the Zoom!® treatment performed?
Prior to treatment, we strongly recommend having your teeth clean. Special eyewear will be provided to protect the eyes from the halide light, and splashguards to protect the clothing from the bleaching agent. Total treatment normally takes between 1½ – 2 hours.
Here is a brief overview of the Zoom!® procedure:
- Cheek retractors will be placed to expose the entire surface of the teeth.
- The gums will be painted or covered to reduce sensitivity.
- The dental assistant will apply the whitening gel to the teeth.
- The halide light will then be applied to activate the gel. This specialized Zoom!® light can be positioned to work on all the teeth simultaneously.
- After 15 minutes, gel will be removed from the teeth and the mouth will be rinsed.
- More gel will be applied for another 15 minutes.
- Again, the gel will be removed and the mouth will be thoroughly cleansed.
- The final treatment of gel will be applied for 15 minutes.
- The gel will be removed for the final time.
The same external factors that caused the discoloration in the first place can quickly work their way back onto the teeth. For this reason, we recommend flossing once a day, thorough cleaning with anti-sensitivity toothpaste twice a day, and occasional retreatment with touchup bleach. These post-treatment measures will ensure that the smile stays at its whitest for a long time.
*Includes White for Life
The goal of teeth whitening is to have a beautiful smile. You need a whitening solution that gets you the results you need without any negative effects. Please call Gordon & Prince Family Dentistry today at: (616) 399-8230 to start the process.
Professional custom tray whitening is a less-expensive and convenient at-home whitening treatment. The results are more gradual. An impression is taken in order to create a customized clear tray. Trays are generally ready within a few days, depending, and the patient must follow instructions for how to apply the gel in the trays and how often to use it. Maximum whitening results and a dazzling smile are achieved at the end of the set treatment period. An occasional treatment can be used to maintain the new smile.
- Custom impressions and models
- Custom trays
- Powerful ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate), potassium nitrate and fluoride
- Molar-to-molar coverage
- Includes White for Life
The Opalescence Go Teeth Whitening Kit contains 10 upper and 10 lower custom-fitting pre-loaded bleaching trays. Each tray features innovative UltraFit technology to ensure increased adaptability and comfort while whitening.
- Pre-loaded, ready-to-use bleaching trays
- Powerful hydrogen peroxide whitening gel
- PF formula with potassium nitrate and fluoride
- UltraFit design for maximum comfort
- No impressions, models, or lab time
- Does not include White for Life
Our “White for Life” program enables you to maintain that beautiful smile! If you have purchased in-office Zoom or take home bleaching and you maintain your regular cleanings and exams (every 6 months), we will give you one complimentary tube of touch up bleach at each 6 month appointment. If you do not maintain your regular cleanings and exams consecutively every six months, the “White for Life” will no longer be valid.